Crime & Safety
Naked Man Electrocuted On Harlem Subway Tracks After Attack: NYPD
A naked man pushed a fellow passenger onto the subway tracks in Harlem and was then electrocuted after touching the third rail, police said.

HARLEM, NY — A naked man was electrocuted after touching the third rail at a Harlem subway station Saturday afternoon, shortly after he shoved an unsuspecting victim onto the tracks, according to police.
Around 3:40 p.m., the unclothed man shoved an unidentified victim onto the tracks, unprovoked, at the Central Park North-110th Street station, police said.
A third passenger who witnessed the attack then leapt down onto the tracks to help the victim. The nude man then jumped down himself to fight the good samaritan, only to make contact with the third rail, according to police.
Find out what's happening in Harlemfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The attacker was pronounced dead at the scene.
A train pulled into the station as the attack unfolded but did not hit any of the three people, the spokesperson said.
Find out what's happening in Harlemfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The good samaritan was expected to survive, while the condition of the shoving victim was not known, an NYPD spokesperson said.
The incident forced firefighters to shut off power to the train tracks, disrupting service along the 2 and 3 lines for more than an hour. Full service had been restored by 5:15 p.m., with delays, the MTA said.
2 and 3 trains have resumed making regular stops in both directions from 96 St to E 180 St/Harlem-148 St after NYPD and EMS responded to someone who needed medical help at Central Park North (110 St).https://t.co/cxHvGYCPsS
— NYCT Subway. Wear a Mask. (@NYCTSubway) January 16, 2021
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.