Here's your "Last Chance" reminder Adopt a House and the Town of Babylon are holding two seminar sessions about lifting houses on Wednesday night.
Lifting House Discussion in Two Sessions
According to information posted here and here by Adopt a House, a panel of experts will discuss the benefits of lifting your house and the process by which to do so in the Town of Babylon.*
In two different sessions on January 23 at the Lindenhurst High School, (see below to reserve a spot in one), they will discuss ICC and "75/25" Hazard Mitigation Grants, how lifting is done, how to choose a contractor and more.
A breakout session immediately following will give attendees a chance to get more specific information from the officials of the Villages of Lindenhurst, Amityville and Babylon. Forms and other important information will be on hand.
"In order to best utilize the time with our experts and our residents we have limited the attendence to 100 per session, and if we have a demand for more sessions, then we'll add accordingly," said Adopt a House.
According to Adopt a House, please note when reserving your seat, please choose only one session:
- Session One: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Session Two: 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
According to Adopt a House, "You must have a ticket to attend this event; it's free for residents in need, and open to the public. Thus we kindly request if you are not a house in need, then you make a donation** toward those who do need help."
To register with Adopt a House please visit the organization's website at www.adoptahouse.org.
*This event is open to residents of any municipality who would like to attend, but will focus on the requirements within the Town of Babylon and the Villages of Lindenhurst, Amityville and Babylon, according to Adopt a House.
**The suggested $15 ticket fee is a donation to Adopt a House and goes directly to fund our programs for residents affected by Hurricane Sandy. Your generousity is appreciated.
Click the above links for more information.
Other Events, Coverage and Updates for Wednesday
Click the links for more information.
- After Sandy - Long Island Recovers
- Hurricane Sandy Long Island
- The Latest Sandy Updates
- Tweet #PatchRebuilds to Help Hurricane Sandy Survivors
- FEMA Deadline Extended for Sandy Victims
- FEMA Assistance at Lindenhurst Memorial Library
- New Days and Hours at the Lindenhurst Youth Center
- Local Electrical Help for Sandy Victims
- Ice Cream for Books! Lindenhurst Memorial Library Winter Reading Club
- Legislative Breakfast
- Winter Story Time for Ages 2.5 to PreK with an Adult at LML
- Mother Goose Story Time (Birth-35 months with Adult) at LML
- BINGO - Knights of Columbus
- Saint John's Nursery School New Student Registration