- Michael Wang has been named to the fall 2012 President's List at Mansfield University. To be named to the President's List, a student must be attending the university full-time and attain at least a 4.0 QPA for the semester.
- Emily Banks was named to the Dean's List for the fall 2012 semester at Alfred University. Banks is a sophomore in the School of an Art and Design. Students must earn at least a 3.5 grade point average to qualify for Dean's List.
Jason Wang was named to the President's List at The State University of New York at Geneseo for the fall semester 2012. To be on the list, a student must have achieved an A in all coursework (4.0 grade point average) while taking at least 12 credit hours.
- The following students were named to the Dean's List at SUNY Geneseo as well. Erika Danielsen, Nicholas Felicione, Michelle Gutsin, Matthew Pechman, Matthew Petrovich, Patrick Sylvester, Lauren Herschbein and Laura Vitto.
- Kayla Babbush was named to the Dean's List for the Fall 2012 semester.
Kelly Antimisiaris and
Tara Bugden were named to the Sacred Heart University Dean's List for the Fall 2012 semester. To receive this honor, a student must achieve a 3.6 grade average, based on a 4.0 scale.
- The following local residents have been named to the Siena College Deans' List for the Fall 2012 semester: Kristen Danielsen, a freshman liberal arts major, and Carolyn Scanlon, a freshman accounting major.
- The following area residents were named to the the dean's list at Quinnipiac University for the Fall 2012 semester: Emily Begin, Ryan Charles, Shannon Grimsley, Alex Kantor and Erica Roman.
- A total of 1,300 students were named to the Dean's List, including the following list of area residents: Timothy Murphy, a freshman undeclared major, and Colleen Oggeri, a sophomore Nursing major.
- Alexander F. Leich, a senior majoring in communication, was named a Presidential Scholar for the fall 2012 semester at Clarkson University. Presidential Scholars must achieve a minimum 3.80 grade-point average and carry at least 14 credit hours.
Mary Simeone has been named to the Dean's List for the fall 2012 semester at Marquette University. Simeone is pursuing a
Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences.
Sam Mintz has been named to the dean's list at Paul Smith's College for the fall 2012 semester. Mintz, who majors in integrated studies, earned a semester average of 3.3 or higher to receive this distinction.
- Sara Auty, who went to Sanford H. Calhoun High School, has been awarded a scholarship to attend Berkley University.
- The following local residents are among the 1,329 students who earned Dean's List honors for the fall 2012 semester at SUNY Oneonta: Samantha Baldauf, Jordyn Berk, Allison Callaghan, Kate Glider, Nicole Karasin, Lauren Lucke and Nicole Manera.
Nicole Manera of Merrick, NY, is among the 307 students who graduated from SUNY Oneonta following the fall 2012 semester.
- Samantha Kaden was a recipient of the Dean's Award for academic excellence during the 2012 fall term at Colgate University, where she's a member of the Class of 2015. To be eligible for the Dean's Award, a Colgate student must achieve higher than a 3.30 avereage while enrolled in at least four courses.