With 183 days of school scheduled for students and 186 for teachers in 2014-15, the district has snow days built in. However, just to be safe, the proposed plan is to shorten winter recess and then spring break, using these as make-up days in this order: Feb. 20, Feb. 19, Feb. 18, April 7, 2015.
Here are other highlights:
- School would start Sept. 4
- October would have the most school days—22
- The December break would go from Dec. 24-Jan. 5
- Mid-winter recess is scheduled for Feb. 16-20
- Spring recess, April 1-7, would include both Passover and Easter
- The last day of school would be June 26, though Nanuet Senior High School graduation would be the previous Sunday, June 21