UPDATE: Snow Storm Cancellations, Closings for New Rochelle
Check back here for cancellations and closings.
• Tuesday’s City Council meeting is cancelled. The next regularly scheduled meeting is Tuesday, February 4.
•T he Hugh A. Doyle Senior Center in New Rochelle will close following lunch Tuesday. To verify hours of operation Wednesday, please call the center at 914-235-2363 or visit www.newrochelleny.com.
• Due to severe weather, please note that all Monroe College classes after 12:10 p.m. today are cancelled. No decision has yet been made about Wednesday morning. Please check the website and main telephone number Wednesday morning before heading in.
• Iona College will close at noon Tuesday for afternoon and evening classes. The Provost Spring Address has been rescheduled for Friday, Jan. 24th at 3 p.m. in Murphy Auditorium.
• Due to the anticipated snowstorm the College of New Rochelle will cancel all classes and close all offices at 2 p.m. Tuesday. On January 22, the New Rochelle campus will have a delayed opening at 10 a.m.
• The New Rochelle YMCA will close at 7 p.m. Tuesday because of the snowstorm. There may be a delayed opening Wednesday. If so, a notice will be sent out. If public schools are closed Wednesday, there will be no universal pre-K classes.
• The New Rochelle School District Community Budget Forum scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday has been cancelled.
• Due to the updated forecast and heightened safety concerns, all New Rochelle Schools will be dismissed today at 12 noon. Normal bus transportation will be provided. The Boys and Girls Club program, and all other afternoon and evening programs, including the School Budget Forum are cancelled.We will continue to follow the weather reports and keep you informed about tomorrow as early as possible. All school/district offices will close at 1:00 p.m.
• New Rochelle Public Libraries will close today at 12 noon Tuesday, January 21, 2014, due to inclement weather.
• From the New Rochelle School District: All after school and evening programs and activities are cancelled today, January 21, 2014, including afternoon Pre-K at Barnard Elementary School.
Original article 10:08 a.m., January 21, 2014: A winter storm is starting to affect the Sound Shore area Tuesday.
The National Weather Service said a winter storm warning is in effect from noon Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday.
The forecast calls for 6 to 10 inches of snow, along with blustery winds. Snow amounts of 3 to 5 inches can be expected Tuesday, with an additional 3 to 7 inches overnight into the early hours of Wednesday.
The high Tuesday is forecast to be near 23; the low, 9. Overnight wind chill values could be as low as minus 8.