Christmas Shopping, Book Talk, Shinnecock Documentary This Week on North Fork
See what's happening on the North Fork this week.
- Baby Play Group: On Monday, from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m., the group meets at the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Free Library on Main Road in Cutchogue. For ages birth to 18 months, the group promises fun for babies and their moms and caretakers, too.
- Free Smoking Cessation Classes: Learn to be Tobacco Free, a six-week program provided by the Suffolk County Department of Health, held at Eastern Long Island Hospital at 6 p.m. Meet in the conference room on consecutive Mondays through December 23. Call 631-477-5121 to register.
- Vines & Branches Location Holiday Shopping Week: Held at the shop's three locations, including 477 Main Street, in Greenport Village, 118 Main Street, in Westhampton Beach, and 94 Main Street, in Southampton Village. The holiday shopping extravaganza lasts all week. On Monday, receive 10 percent back on gift card purchases; Tuesday, buy two private label products for just $20; Wednesday, spend $50 or more and get a free 60 ml of any balsamic or olive oil (a $7.95 value); Thursday, purchase a Truffle Connoisseurs Delight basket and get a free 60 ml of Black or White Truffle Oil;Friday, purchase the Holiday Recipe Gift Set and receive a free dipping set and more.
- New York Times bestselling author Tonya Hurley visits theBOOKPROJECT to talk about "Precious Blood", her novel with modern characters inspired by the lives of three martyred Catholic saints. The Book Project event will be held at The Riverhead Project in Riverhead, at 300 E. Main Street, on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- "Shinnecock," a documentary film presenting the history and ongoing challenges of Native people on Long Island, will be shown at the Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport, located 539 First Street, on Friday at 6 p.m.