Cortlandt Manor farmers market is located at the Hudson Valley Hospital Center, 1980 Crompond Rd. and runs every other Tuesday from 12:00 p.m. -6:00 p.m.
Click here for a list of farmers markets closest to you.
According to the NY Federation of Farmers Markets, choosing to eat locally is healthy for you and the environment, and it supports your local farmers as well.
Here are some more benefits:Health benefits:
· Higher nutrients from organically managed soil
· Less exposure to synthetic pesticides and fertilizers
· No synthetic growth or breeding hormones
· No synthetic additives
· No antibiotics
· No genetically engineered seeds or other inputs (GMOs)
· No sewage sludge
· No irradiation
· Builds biodiversity
· Reduces excess nitrogen
· Fights climate change
· Keeps water cleaner
· Builds healthy soil
· Saves energy
· Protects wildlife
· Brings people together at markets and community supported farms
· Keeps money in the local economy
· Incorporates the true cost of food
· Supports smaller and beginning farmers
· Protects the health of farm workers
Make sure to stop at the ATM on your way there because many of the merchants only take cash. And don’t forget to bring your reusable bag!