Here's a few things to look for this week:
- Sarah Lawrence String Orchestra, Tuesday, Dec. 11, 7:30 p.m. 11 Mead Way, Bronxville, NY. Sarah Lawrence String Orchestra performs Appalachian Spring, Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony and Tchaikovsky’s Fifth.
- White Plains Little League Registration, Tuesday, Dec. 11, White Plains Little League, 85 Gedney Way, White Plains, NY. White Plains Little League 2013 Spring Registration is here. This year players born between 5/1/96 and 12/31/07 (4/20/08 for boys only) can register. Registration runs now through February 15, 2013. In Person registration will be available at the Rec Dept during normal business hours starting 12/5/2012. Fees vary from $120-$175. Family discount for 3 or more players per family. For more information, contact White Plains Little League at 914-946-9755.
- Thrift Shop of White Plains, Tuesday, Dec. 11, 9:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.White Plains Presbyterian Church, 39 N. Broadway, White Plains, NY.Every Tuesday through January 15, 2013. Spectacular bargains in clothing, household goods, bric-a-brac up to 90% of original prices. Look for the Red Door. For information, call 914-949-1241.
- Mary Parker Hooked Rugs Exhibit, Through January 13, 2013. White Plains Public Library, 100 Martine Ave., White Plains, NY. The hooked rugs of fiber enthusiast Mary Parker will be on view in the Museum Gallery at the White Plains Public Library from December 3, 2012 to January 13, 2013. Ms. Parker’s work is inspired by the past and present of Westchester and Putnam Counties. Exhibit is available during regular library hours.
- Ginny Howsam Friedman Exhibit, through January 6, 2013, Beth El Synagogue Center, 1324 North Ave, New Rochelle, NY. Ginny Howsam Friedman will exhibit her paintings (oil on canvas) and color prints (on paper) through January 6, 2013. Friedman has exhibited her artwork in dozens of group shows in the tri-state area. She has had solo shows in Bronxville, Glens Falls, Chatham, Larchmont, and Piermont. She also exhibits in galleries where her work is sold in both New York City and Piermont. She has had multiple awards from various juried shows and has been noted in Fine Arts Connoisseur Magazine. The work in this exhibit will also be offered for sale.