Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Check out these great activities:
1) Free Gardening Advice, Saturday, October 20, 9 a.m- 12 p.m. Gedney Way Recycling Yard, 87 Gedney Way, White Plains, NY. Have a plant or gardening issue? Do you just want some recommendations of best gardening practices? Master Gardeners from Westchester County Cornell Cooperative Extension will be on hand to answer your questions as well as discuss the Rescue Nature's Nutrients' grasscycling and leaf-mulching-in place initiative, encouraging White Plains' residents to adopt these money-saving and time-saving practices for their lawns.
2) Family Fun Fall Festival, Saturday, October 20, 10 - 11:30 a.m. Library Green, New Rochelle, NY. Free. Families with children ages 8 – 12 years are invited to paint seasonal scenes for Halloween and Thanksgiving on the windows of downtown businesses. A mask-making workshop geared for younger children will take place in Library Green. In the event of inclement weather, a rain makeup date will be available by calling 654-2116. Families must pre-register in order to paint a window. Contact email email@example.com (654-2116).
3) The Westchester Mall will host a Health and Wellness Expo on Saturday, October 20, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Retail Level One. Sponsored by White Plains Hospital, the fair will include a fashion show, featuring 12 courageous breast cancer survivors modeling the hottest new looks courtesy of Lilly Pulitzer at The Westchester.
4) Fall Street Fair and Crafts Festival, Sunday, October 21, Pelham, NY. Sponsored by Pelham Chamber of Commerce. Various events including screening of "Four Boys and a Gun" at Pelham Picture House and Charity/Tutu Project Benefit at Burger 57 in Pelham.
5) Day of the Dead Workshop, Pelham Art Center, 155 Fifth Ave, Pelham, NY. Sunday, October 21, 1:30 p.m. Celebrate Day of the Dead and learn about Mexican folk arts in this annual art-making workshop, this year held during Pelham's own vibrant street fair! Artists Zafiro Romero-Acevedo and Aurelia Fernández Marure will lead participants in making skeleton puppets and skull masks out of paper. After the workshop, young dance students will perform the Danza de los Viejitos (dance of the old people), rounding out the festivities. Free. For details check website at http://www.pelhamartcenter.org; call 914-738-2525; email firstname.lastname@example.org.