1. The Alzheimer’s Disease Resource Center hosts its 10th Annual Old Bethpage Walk for Alzheimer’s & Mexican Fiesta. The event, at Old Bethpage Village Restoration, is a 5-kilometer (3.1 mile) walk. Rain or shine: Details here.
2. A parade within the parade – celebrating diversity among the community’s canine population, will highlight the Fourth Annual Huntington Awareness Day, set for Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Bands, floats, vintage cars, service groups and local merchants will join the march through Huntington Station.
3. Studio 5404 Art Space presents "A Brush With Sandy," a juried art show representing artwork inspired by Superstorm Sandy. Profits from sales will go towards Sandy relief. Opens Friday night at 7: 30 p.m. through Sept. 30. in Massapequa; Details here:4. The Dolphin Bookshop and Café in Port Washington hosts a wine and cheese art reception for Port Washington Artist Jade Kuei, a new media artist, designer, illustrator and animator. Saturday at 5 p.m.; details here.
5. The Tanners Pond Environmental Center/ Garden City
Bird Sanctuary is sponsoring the fall outdoor Benefit Yard Sale on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Great items available; details here.
6. The Kupferberg Holocaust Resource Center and Archives at Queensborough Community College is sponsoring a lectured entitled "Henry Ford's War on the Jews." This provocative lecture is set for Sunday at 1 p.m.; Details here.