The Plainview Fire Department quickly worked to stop a gas stove fire from spreading Tuesday.
Responding to the call on Phipps Lane just after 6 p.m., Chief of Department Craig Robinson reported the hose to the gas stove was ablaze. Ladder 9533 arrived on the scene and began locating the gas service in the roadway.
While the truck company shut down the service, Engine 9511 secured a water
supply and stretched a line into the home.
Firefighters were able to shut off the gas service before the fire could spread. National grid was called to the scene. No injuries were reported.