If you've got parking tickets that have been accumulating fines, now's a good time to pay up.
Port Chester's will continue until Nov. 30. The amnesty allows scofflaws to pay their tickets without paying additional fines that may have accumulated over months. (Or, in some cases, years.)
Following the lead of other towns and villages that have turned to parking amnesty as a way to during a depressed economy, Port Chester leaders are hoping to collect $200,000 or more from drivers who have outstanding tickets.
From the village website:
Village of Port Chester Amnesty Program for Parking Tickets:
Pay your parking tickets without penalty from the 1st of November until the 30th of November 2011!
How does it work?
- For example, if you have a ticket of over 90 days and your penalty is $60.00, you only have to pay $15.00 if you pay during the month of November.
How to pay your parking ticket(s):
- Pay in person in the Parking Violations Bureau located at 350 N. Main St. Port Chester, NY 10573
- Monday through Friday from 8AM to 4PM
- Pay online at www.portchesterny.com
- Pay by Bank check or money order payable to “Village of Port Chester” and send it by mail (Postmarked no later than November 30th2011) to:
Parking Violations Bureau, 350 N. Main Street, Port Chester, NY 10573
Follow Port Chester Patch!