Jul 29, 2014
72°
Clear

House Fire Damages Basement in Port Chester

Embers from fireplace ignite book case.

House Fire Damages Basement in Port Chester

Embers from a fireplace ignited a book case and started a fire in the basement of an Irenhyl Avenue home, according to the Port Chester Fire Department.

Fire Chief Kevin McFadden said the 10 p.m. Friday fire at 39 Irenhyl Ave. was quickly extinguished and appears to have been accidental.

About 50 volunteers of the Port Chester Fire Department responded to the emergency call, and a tower ladder truck from Purchase — along with six firefighters — was called to assist.

Don’t miss updates from Patch!