15 Sep 2014
60° Mostly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by daniellemastersonbooks
Patch Instagram photo by longunderwearman
Patch Instagram photo by quadrofoglio
Patch Instagram photo by athomeinmygarden
Patch Instagram photo by daniellemastersonbooks
Patch Instagram photo by healthandbeautynz
Patch Instagram photo by andreagazeapt
Patch Instagram photo by reh_22
Patch Instagram photo by athomeinmygarden

Fire in Mt. Sinai Home on Christmas Eve

Fire that started in dryer give off heavy smoke and damaged basement.

A fire that started in the dryer of a Mount Sinai home on Christmas eve caused damage to the basement but no one was hurt, according to the Mount Sinai Fire Department. At 7:47 p.m., the Mount Sinai Fire Department responded to a call to a house at 7 Maureen Drive on Saturday. Fire Chief Chuck Poillon discovered that the fire was in the dryer and giving off a lot of smoke. Damage

"The fire was confined to the ceiling of the basement, the dryer ductwork and PVC pipes," said Fireman Elliot Perry in an email after the call. "There was damage to the contents of the basement."

He also said that Assistant Chiefs Dave Taylor and Jaime Baldasarre satyed to make sure there was no residual fire in the attic of the home.

Miller Place and Sound Beach Fire Departments and the Port Jefferson ambulance also responded to the Christmas Eve call.
 

Photo Gallery

Share This Article