Smith Haven Mall will bring back music under the stars with its Summer Concert Series sponsored by Fairway Market Lake Grove.
Now in its third year, this annual event will kick off on Thursday, July 3 and offer free, live entertainment each week starting at 6 p.m. every Thursday through September 4.
“TheSummer Concert Series has become an annual tradition for our shoppers so we are thrilled to bring it back this season and to welcome the new Fairway Market as our sponsor,” commented Ashley Jacobsen, Director of Mall Marketing and Business Development for Smith Haven Mall. “The line-up we’ve secured offers a wide range of music that can be enjoyed by every generation, young and old alike. We look forward to welcoming concert goers to spend their Thursday nights at Smith Haven Mall and enjoy dynamic live music and complimentary nibbles in a relaxing outdoor environment.”
“Fairway Market is delighted to sponsor the Summer Concert Series at the Smith Haven Mall as there is nothing like enjoying great live music on a summer night with friends and family,” said Bill Sanford, Interim CEO of Fairway Group Holdings Corp. (“Fairway”) (NASDAQ: FWM), the parent company of Fairway Market. “Throughout our 80-plus years, we have always been committed to being ‘Like No Other Market®’ – not just in the unparalleled food and grocery selection we offer our customers, but in being a good neighbor and integral part of the communities in which we are located. Sponsoring this series is a wonderful opportunity to do just that.”
TheSummer Concert Series at Smith Haven Mall is free entertainment, open to the public and takes place in the mall’s Lifestyle Village. Event attendees are welcome to arrive early, stay late and take advantage of an array of special food sampling by the mall’s restaurants and eateries, which will vary each week. Seating will be limited to benches and planters within the Lifestyle Village so shoppers are encouraged to bring their own chairs.
Attendees on Thursday, July 3 can start their holiday weekend early and enjoy the sounds of 45 RPM. Formed in 2010, this six-member band plays note-perfect renditions of songs from the 70’s, the heyday of top-40 AM radio. Voted Best Cover Band in 2013 and 2014 in Long Island Press’ Best of LIfeature, 45 RPM has an impressive following and plays in venues across Long Island, as well as private functions.
The rest of the summer line-up includes:
- July 10 – Blue Tourmaline: Covering the full catalog of rock-n-roll and blues, this six-member band is lead by Nancy D’Erasmo and has played before crowds throughout Long Island.
- July 17 – The Liverpool Shuffle: Not your standard Beatles Tribute Band, The Liverpool Shuffle provides a unique and authentic presentation of the most popular song book of all time and entertains with electricity, intensity and a sense of humor.
- July 24 – Desert Highway: A tribute to the Eagles, this six-member band takes audiences on a non-stop journey of radio hits, top 10 singles and album favorites highlighting inspired vocal harmonies and intricate guitar styles made famous by the legendary group.
- July 31 – Songs in the Attic: A musical tribute conceived and presented by Long Island veteran singer/piano player David Clark, Songs In The Attic was formed in 2011 and since that time has gained an impressive following on Long Island.
- August 7 – Killer Joe and the Lido Soul Review: Covering the sounds of Motown, R&B, old-time rock and roll, blues and soul, “Killer Joe” Ferraro and the Lido Soul Review put the fun back into live music.
- August 14 – Songs in the Attic
- August 21 – That 70’s Band: New York’s leading 70s dance, disco, funk group, That 70’s Band performs to packed dance floor every weeks across the region and puts on the ultimate dance party of solid gold hits.
- August 28 – To be announced
- September 4 – To be announced
For more information about the Smith Haven Mall Summer Concert Series sponsored by Fairway Market Lake Grove, visit the mall’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/SmithHavenMallor call (631) 724-8066.