Do you know of a non-profit that's making a difference in Port Washington? If so, get it recognized.
Applications are being accepted for the inaugural Long Island Imagine Awards to be held May 7 at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury.
The event was created to offer formal acknowledgement to some of Long Island's most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations, according to a release by event organizers.
Nassau and Suffolk nonprofits recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 organizations may apply to win $5,000 in one of the following five categories:
- Social Impact - For a nonprofit that measures success not just by meeting its mission, but by affecting the surrounding community. Impact goes beyond the number of children served, shelters provided, and mouths fed. Impact looks at how the organization impacted the Long Island community as a whole, and how it measured these results.
- Innovation- For a nonprofit that has been innovative in adopting new platforms that have led to a significant increase in the organization's ability to meet its mission. This could include the implementation of technology that enables the organization to achieve cost savings and better communication; a strategic approach to fundraising; a unique and effective public relations campaign; etc.
- Social Entrepreneurism - This award will be given to an organization that achieves its primary social or environmental mission using business methods. The organization will exhibit original ideas brought to fruition with predominantly private support, rather than in response to government funding.
- Rising Star - To recognize a nonprofit generating under $2 million in revenue for its outstanding innovation, impact, and achievements in meeting its mission. The award will be given to an organization who demonstrates an outstanding record of sustained achievement, has successfully demonstrated successful financial performance, and has built a reputation for excellence within the community.
- Leadership Excellence - This award recognizes an exemplary nonprofit leader (who may be an Executive Director, board member, staff member, volunteer, etc.) whose accomplishments have advanced his/her organization. The leader must work in and reside in either Nassau or Suffolk Counties. This is not about traditional volunteering, directors, or funding, but focuses on innovation in driving organizational change and social impact.
Applications, sponsorship and ticket information are available online www.ceriniandassociates.com/imagine-awards. Applications are due by Oct. 31, 2012.
For more information on applications, tickets and corporate sponsorships contact Hillary Needle at Hillary@Hillaryneedleevents.com, 516-993-4056.