For those concerned about exposure to the pesticide Scourge, health officials recommend the following:
- Keeping windows and doors shut, setting air conditioners to re-circulate if able. Turn window fans off.
- Keeping children's toys indoors.
- Keeping pets indoors, as well as their food, water dishes and toys.
- Covering fishponds during the spray period.
- Pregnant women should remain indoors, however, during the spraying period.
Which has us wondering: Will you take these steps to minimize exposure? Tell us in the comments.