Riverhead residents who didn’t want to brave the crowds on Black Friday or Small Business Saturday still have one more big chance to shop, courtesy of Cyber Monday.
Similar to the two other major shopping events, Cyber Monday differs in that consumers don’t have to leave the comfort of their own homes (or offices) to take advantage of shopping online.
To shop locally, for example, sign in to Etsy.com, scroll down, and click "Shop Local." You can search for your home town, and will find a list of merchants in your area. For example:
- Check out Riverhead-based Long Island Landscapes here.
- Check out Riverhead-based Custom Cards By Bonnie here.
- Check out Riverhead-based Enajam Artworks here.
Many bargains are laid out for Cyber Monday for online shoppers only. So how can you find the best deals online this Cyber Monday?
While most major retailers that have an online presence aren’t tipping their hats on their online deals just yet, many have splash pages set up that they're inviting shoppers to bookmark in advance of the Nov. 26 shopping holiday.
Here are just a few stores that are planning Cyber Monday deals:
- Kohl’s – This retailer hasn’t released its Cyber Monday specials yet, but it has a splash page all set up reminding customers to save the Nov. 26 date.
- Walmart – This retailer has a splash page set up and always offers online deals. To get a sneak peek at some of its holiday specials, the store invites consumers to check out its Facebook page.
- Target – This store’s Cyber Monday splash page invites consumer to sign up for an email alert that will tip them off about sales and exclusive offers on Cyber Monday and all year long.
- Amazon – This online retailer tends to celebrate Cyber Monday in a very big way. Its splash page even features a countdown clock.
What’s your favorite store to surf on Cyber Monday? Share your suggestions in the comments section. If you own or know of a local business that is participating in Cyber Monday, be sure to let everyone know by posting below, too!