Here's a look at some events unfolding and Riverhead and on the North Fork this week.
- Brides Against Breast Cancer Charity Wedding Gown Sale: On Friday at 6 p.m. at the Sea Star Ballroom at the Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center, "Brides Against Breast Cancer" a program that contributes to programs for cancer patients, their families and caregivers, will present a bridal show, a "Nationwide Tour of Gowns." Tickets required. The VIP event and gown event will take place Friday from 6 to 9:30 p.m.; a gown sale will follow on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Register to attend by clicking
here. Volunteers are also needed. To volunteer, click
- North Fork Chamber of Commerce 3rd Annual Snowflake Gala/Awards Dinner: The event will take place on Friday at 6 p.m. at Raphael Winery, located at 39390 Route 25, in Peconic and feature dinner and dancing while honoring the Krupski and Scott families. For info, call the chamber office at 631-765-3161 or email email@example.com.
Indoor Farmers' Market opens on Main Street in Riverhead on Saturday, featuring farmers, produce, wares and other goodies from across the East End. The market will be open from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturdays through May 17 and is located at 117 East Main Street.
- The 2014 Winter Jazz Experience, featuring Claes Brondal and the Latin Jazz Odyssey, takes place at Martha Clara Vineyards, located at 6025 Sound Avenue in Riverhead, on Friday at 7 p.m. General admission tickets are $20 in advance; subject to availability, $25 at the door. All tickets purchased include a glass of wine. For tickets and more information, click here.
- Enjoy Jack Simmons in "Buddy's Gift," a one man show at the Suffolk Theater, located at 118 East Main Street in Riverhead at 8 p.m. The show is described as a "heartfelt, mystical and comical journey" as Simmons tells the story of his late father Buddy; he conveys the after life experiences and shars how Buddy contacts the family from the great beyond.
- Chinese Acrobat at Greenport High School: On Saturday at 4 p.m., the North Fork will celebrate the beginning of the Chinese Year of the Horse with a performance by renowned Chinese acrobat, Li Liu at the Greenport High School guym. Free, all ages welcome. Sponsored by the East End Education Enrichment Coalition.