Editor’s Note: The following information was supplied by the . A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Southampton Town police arrest reports for the Riverside, Flanders, Northampton area, and concerning Riverhead, for the week of June 25 through July 1:
• Santiago B. Moreno, 20, of Riverhead, was arrested June 14 at 3:57 p.m. and charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor, at the Bridgehampton Commons, where he worked at a store as a cashier. Police said Moreno was arrested after being questioned regarding reward cards that he was keeping and spending rather than giving to customers who spent $50. Additionally, he confessed to the store’s loss prevention team that he stole a Valentine’s toy on Valentine’s Day and put a clearance sticker on a video game that was full price, according to the arrest report. He was released on a field appearance ticket.
• Veronica C. Lopez, 19, of Riverhead, was arrested June 14 at 3:57 p.m. at the Bridgehampton Commons and charged with petty larceny. Police said Lopez was questioned by a store’s loss prevention team about several $5 rewards cards she redeemed that should have been given to customers who spent $50. Lopez confessed to keeping and redeeming 10 cards, according to the arrest report.
Driving While Intoxicated
• Gabino T. Velasquez, 30, of Flanders, was arrested July 1 at 7:16 p.m. on Flanders Road in Riverside and charged with aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor, driving without a license and other traffic infractions. Police said Velasquez was observed failing to stop and failing to maintain his lane when making a left turn onto Flanders Road from Cypress Avenue. When he was pulled over by police, it was discovered he was intoxicated, according to the arrest report.
• William Robert Noelte, 51, of Middletown, Rhode Island, was arrested June 18 at 1:29 a.m. on Flanders Road in Riverside and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and refusing a breath screening test. Police said he was charged after being pulled over for failing to maintain his lane of travel on Lake Avenue.
• Willie R. Ross, 60, of Riverhead, was arrested June 27 at 1:52 a.m. on Vail Avenue in Riverhead and charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree and attempted assault in the second degree, both felonies. Police said Ross picked up a 3-foot piece of aluminum and struck a female acquaintance in the head. He was arrested at the scene and taken to police headquarters in Hampton Bays for processing, according to the arrest report.
Criminal Possession of Stolen Property, Obstructing Governmental Administration, Petty Larceny
• Bobby Riddick, 44, of Mastic, was arrested July 1 at 5:07 p.m. on the County Road 94 traffic circle in Riverside and charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree, obstructing governmental administration in the second degree and petty larceny, all misdemeanors, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Police said Riddick was the rear passenger in a 2007 Ford that was stopped on suspicion of a larceny of at Macy’s when he jumped out and ran. He was apprehended and charged, according to the arrest report. An incident report states that several hundred dollars' worth of clothing was stolen.