Most Viewed Stories: February 2013
A look at what readers looked at the most in February 2013.
- : Denny's and an unnamed northern Italian restaurant are planning to come to Rockville Centre, Mayor Francis Murray said earlier in February. While no date has been set, according to Murray's "State of the Village" address, "Denny's Restaurant and an Italian restaurant are in the process of acquiring a locating on Merrick Road where Harmon Discount was."
- : It's been seven years since the property on Sunrise Highway known as the RKO Twin Theater saw its last customer, but that might not be the case for much longer. Rockville Centre Mayor Francis Murray confirmed in his most recent "State of the Village" address that the theater will be torn down and a potential restaurant named "Bonefish" could go in its place.
- : A Hempstead man was killed on a Monday morning in early February after his car left the roadway and hit two trees and a light pole while driving on Peninsula Boulevard.
- Crime Watch: Woman Held at Gunpoint in Merrick Road Apartment: On Feb. 11 at 5:12 p.m., a complainant from Merrick Road in Rockville Centre reported that between 4:45 and 5:10 p.m., two unknown males restrained her in the apartment, displayed a handgun and attempted to steal property. There was no reported loss at the time of investigation at the scene.
- FX Show 'The Americans' Filming in Rockville Centre: FX's brand new television show "
The Americans" shot in Rockville Centre on the last day of February. The show's crew is filming a scene in the back parking lot of the Ramada Inn & Suites of Rockville Centre, located at 1000 Sunrise Highway.