The three defendants in the Roxen Road gang assault case won't see a court room again until 2013.
Friday's court date resulted in another adjournment for the three Rockville Centre teens who allegedly assaulted a resident on Roxen Road back in June. The new court date is set for Jan. 2, 2013.
William Moore, Matthew Diperna and Kevin Coyle have all been charged with second-degree gang assault — a C felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
Prior to Friday, the case had already been adjourned multiple times for each defendant.
According to police, the assault happened when the wife of the victim was walking her dog on Nottingham Road and was verbally accosted by five to eight young men. She ran home and told her husband of the incident, and the two drove around the neighborhood looking for the men to demand an apology.
They found the group on Roxen Road, which is where the assault took place, police said. Neighbors who heard the disturbance called police at 11:55 p.m. The men fled before police arrived and Nassau County detectives were called in to join the investigation.
_______________________________________________________________________________________ Interested in Rockville Centre news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free Rockville Centre Patch
daily newsletter and follow us on
The husband was transported by Rockville Centre police to Mercy Medical Center where he was treated for broken ribs, multiple contusions and injuries to the face and jaw.