The kids will be putting on their costumes a lot this month, for parades, contests, parties, trick-or-treating....Here are six super safety tips from the National Safety Council that every parent should know about Halloween costumes:
- Purchase or make Halloween costumes from flame-resistant materials.
- Pick brightly colored costumes or add your own reflective tape so motorists can see them.
- Attach your child’s name, address, and phone number somewhere inside the costume.
- To avoid tripping, make sure your child’s costume is not too long, and that shoes are the proper size.
- Use washable face paint instead of masks, so your child’s vision isn’t compromised.
- Keep your walkway free of debris so that children coming to your house won’t trip or fall.
Show off your kid's costume—enter a photo in the Rye Patch Halloween contest. Details coming Oct. 15!