There is still one full cooking day left before Thanksgiving kicks off. While many people cook the big meal at home, others gather with friends and family for a festive potluck. Taste of Home has a wide selection of perfect, shareable dishes that are easy to make and take.
With traditional holiday fare such as stuffing and mashed potatoes to healthier options such as salads and roasted vegetables, here are a few that will certainly be crowd pleasers:
- Creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes: Creamy mashed potatoes get even better when topped with a savory trio of cheese, onions and bacon. Plus, these potatoes offer make-ahead appeal.
- Everything Stuffing: This plentiful stuffing is perfect for Thanksgiving. It also freezes well so try making it ahead of time!
- Apricot-Orange Glazed Carrots: Looking for an easy way to dress up cooked carrots, try this recipe. The fruity glaze complements the natural sweetness of the carrots.
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts: This delicious recipe takes ordinary Brussels sprouts and turns them into an extraordinary side dish!
- Almond Cranberry Tart: Cranberries and currant jelly make a jewel-toned filling for the cookie-type crust of this dessert.
- Apple Nut Cake with Rum Sauce: The simple-to-make rum sauce nicely complements the tangy flavor of the apple cake.
For more potluck favorites and everything you need to make your Thanksgiving meal a success visit the holiday portal.