After 911 dispatchers received multiple calls of flames seen across Lake Agawam in Southampton Village, fire chiefs located a pool house, on a historic First Neck Lane property, fully engulfed in flames on Wednesday evening.
The Southampton Fire Department was called out just after 5 p.m., and firefighters searched the area on the south end of Lake Agawam for the fire.
The pool house at 472 First Neck Lane was discovered fully involved by fire. At least two engines responded, along with the Southampton Village Volunteer Ambulance, as temperatures dropped.
The property at 472 First Neck Lane is known as "Mocomanto," and the main house is a traditional Victorian, circa 1882.
The 2.2-acre property sold in December 2012 for $10.7 million, according to
Joan and Paul Robinson's Southampton Village Real Estate website.
The three-story main house has 7 bedrooms and 7.5-baths in 7,000 square feet. The property, located down a long driveway, has 300 feet worth of frontage on Lake Agawam with a lakeside pool.
Before it sold, Peter Tufo, a former U.S. ambassador to Hungary, was the owner, according to
The New York Post.