Week in Review: Man Dies in Sag Harbor Fire
Also: Jason Kidd suspended for two games because of guilty plea in Southampton Town Justice Court.
1. Cops: Electrical Issue Sparked Fire That Killed 90-Year-Old Man
Police and a fire chief who arrived first at a fire in Sag Harbor Village on Monday afternoon tried to save Wesley Carrion, 90, but the blaze was already too far along.
2. Nets Suspend Jason Kidd 2 Games Related to Drunken Driving Accident
Jason Kidd had just signed with the New York Knicks when he drove drunk, crashed and was arrested. Now, at the start of his head coaching career, he's paying the consequences on the court.
3. Process Begins on Opening New Health Center at Southampton Hospital
Officials and community leaders helped celebrate the new health center that will open within the year in Southampton at a groundbreaking ceremony on Thursday.
4. Southampton, Tuckahoe Voters Headed to Polls on School Merger
Voters in the Southampton and Tuckahoe school districts will get to show their position on the proposal to merge the two school districts at the end of the month.
5. Southampton Town Supervisor Proposes $80.7 Million Budget
Southampton Town Supervisor Anna Throne-Holst, who released her tentative budget for the upcoming fiscal year on Monday, is proposing an $80.7 million budget, a $2.3 million increase in spending.