There are tons of ways to keep busy around Putnam County this weekend, and we're here to help you decide which happenings are for you.
Here are the details for three great events. Scroll down to the end of this article for information on a few more.
1. Support the Arts in Brewster
When/Where: Noon to 2 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 20)/Studio Around the Corner on Main Street
Why go: Resident Frank Becerra, an award-winning photojournalist, is showing his pieces—many of which were taken in this area—at the studio this weekend and next. Organizers expect the show to draw scores of folks from Putnam and beyond, so swing through the Village and take a look. The exhibit runs next weekend, too (from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, and from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27).
2. Learn How to Make Your Life "Absolutely Magnetic"
When/Where: 3 p.m. Saturday/Brewster Public Library on Main Street
Why go: This workshop is intended to "verbalize personal belief systems, recognize what we do to make our beliefs show up in our lives and decide how to make changes so we better reflect our belief systems," according to library staff. The program is being sponsored by the Friends of the Brewster Public Library.
Pricing: Free (call 845-279-6421 for more information, including registration details)
3. Shop at the Brewster Farmers' Market for Extra-Fresh Produce, Fall Treats
When/Where: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday/Parking lot of 208 Main Street
Why go: We're nearing the end of the season (next month)! So take advantage and get your fill of items from local vendors this weekend.
More things to do this weekend ( here, too):
- Bob Dylan Exhibition at Tilly Foster Farm in Southeast
- Brewster Theater Company presents "Personal Stories - A Cabaret Evening" in Brewster
- Grand Opening of Health & Harmony Massage and Wellness Center in Southeast
- Haunting on the Hill in Patterson
- How to Play the Ukulele in Carmel
- Tag sales (regional)