Each week, we scour local sources to come up with the best deals for local families in and around Syosset. This week we found great ways to get a discount on your daily coffee, back to school savings and more.
- Take a break from getting ready to send the kids back to school and take them to Friendly’s and enjoy great specials through Sept. 9, including $0.99 kids cones and $3.99 kids meals (with an adult meal purchase). The is located at 150 Jericho Turnpike.
- If you’re looking to get a head start on next year’s bathing suit season and get in shape, you can’t beat this deal from Planet Fitness (382 West Old Country Road, Hicksville). If you prepay your annual membership, it only costs $99 (plus tax). Yes - $99 for a full year gym membership that includes unlimited fitness training where trainers show you around the gym and tell you how to use the machines, plus design an exercise program to help you meet your goals and get the most out of your workouts. This membership can only be used at this Hicksville location and is only good through August 31.
- Visit our local Gymboree Play & Music locations at 100 Woodbury Road, Woodbury or 81 Jamaica Avenue, Plainview and enter for a chance to win tickets to the Off-Broadway puppet show ImaginOcean . For every $20 you spend during your visit before August 31, you’ll get one entry. Parachutes, bubbles, Gymboree puppets – bring a little Gymboree home with you this month and you can win (there will be one winner per location).
- Stock up on back-to-school items for your college-aged kids, or just spruce up your house a little bit. Don’t throw away the Bed Bath & Beyond (401 South Oyster Bay Road, Plainview) 20% off coupons that you receive in the mail – they will accept these coupons even after the expiration date. You can use them on any item in the store, and you can use one per item in your transaction. If you find yourself in the store without a coupon, you can always make your purchase and return with your receipt and coupon for a price adjustment.
- If you’re a Starbucks fan, now you have a reason to visit your local barista twice per day. Now that it’s summer, treat receipts are back. Visit Starbucks any time before 2pm for your regular morning purchase and return after 2pm with your receipt in hand for any grande-sized cold hand-crafted beverage for only $2 (plus applicable tax). When the temperatures are high, this is a great way to cool off.
Amy Platt is a Syosset mom of two kids and the founder of LIParentSource.com, a free online magazine and e-newsletter centralizing information and resources for local families.