1) The circus, the circus is coming! (Oh, not to worry: it'll be inside at the lovely Tappan Hill School.)
Save your weekend for Cirque Fest! Writes Westchester Circus Arts Director Hilary Sweeney of this special new event, "It's a rare opportunity to train with the circus stars...and see them perform."
This weekend marks the program's first annual event hosting guest workshops on Saturday and Sunday with a pro-show on Saturday night.
The workshops require advance registration (and some classes still have space).
For the Saturday night performance, served up with wine, you can pay at the door or order online in advance.
For more information on both, visit www.westchestercircusarts.com.
See you at the show!
2) Last week's dramatic rescue of the Rec Department worker who fell through the lake ice on his tractor still has the town talking.
3) Out with Monday's relatively balmy and in with Polar. Beware of black ice on roads Tuesday morning, says the National Weather Service.
4) This article about a CVS robbed in Mount Kisco was the most popular post on Patch Monday.
5) News that a Rockland woman's death is being called a homicide was the most-read article on Rockland Patch sites yesterday.