Summer is synchronous with outdoor events and live music. This weekend you'll certainly have your pick of which ones to attend.
1. For the first time, Benner's Farm is offering a live music series, It kicks off Friday with Buddy Merriam and the Backroads starting at 5 p.m. Admission is $7 for adults and $6 for kids and seniors.
2. Attend a comedy show for a cause. The opening night of the Long Island Comedy Festival at Theater Three in nearby Port Jefferson will serve as a , a Stony Brook-based nonprofit that operates a crisis intervention and suicide prevention hotline.
3. Catch local songstress singing at The Country House on Saturday night starting at 7:30 p.m.
4. The Discovery Cruise through local wetlands departs Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Click here for more details.
5. On Sunday at 7 p.m., catch Six Gun Band on the village green at the Stony Brook Village Center. It's a free concert that's part of a 32-year tradition of facilitated by the Ward Melville Heritago Organization.