Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Southampton Town police arrest reports for west of the Shinnecock Canal through Dec. 30:
Driving While Intoxicated
• Brayan Gonsales, 30, of Riverhead, was arrested Dec. 25 at 5:17 a.m. on Peconic Avenue in Riverside and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and driving without a license, a violation. Police said Gonsales was pulled over for failing to maintain his lane. According to the arrest report, Gonsales had alcohol on his breath, bloodshot glassy eyes and slurred speech and was unsteady on his feet.
• Nelson T. Fajardo, 35, of Hampton Bays, was arrested Dec. 31 at 12:25 a.m. and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, as well as being an unlicensed driver and moving from his lane unsafely, both traffic violations. According to the arrest report, Fajardo crashed a Toyota 4Runner on Lynn Avenue in Hampton Bays and when police interviewed him it was discovered he had been driving drunk.
• Quilder Rodriquez, 24, of Flanders, was arrested Dec. 29 at 2:37 a.m. near the Flanders Road and Oak Avenue intersection and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and being an unlicensed driver, a violation. Police said Rodriquez was found stopped on the side of the road on a Lincoln Navigator with the hazard lights on and the vehicle running, when it was discovered he had been driving drunk.
• Daniel R. Halstead, 22, of Calverton, was arrested Dec. 26 at 10:31 p.m. on Flanders Road in Flanders and charged with DWI. Police said Halstead was involved in a crash, which was reported, and he left to get help. When he returned, he admitted to being behind the wheel and police discovered he had been drinking, according to the arrest report.
• Warner Marteniez Guzman, 27, of Riverhead, was arrested Dec. 25 at 5:38 a.m. on Flanders Road in Flanders and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, as well as moving from lane unsafely and driving without a licensed, both traffic violations. Police said Guzman failed to maintain his lane and when he was pulled over it was discovered he was driving drunk.
• Alex J. Gall, 25, of Center Moriches, was arrested Dec. 22 at 1:40 a.m. near the intersection of Montauk Highway and Springville Road in Hampton Bays and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and having inadequate stop lamps, an equipment violation. Police said Gall was pulled over because of the stop lamps and that’s when it was discovered he was driving drunk.
• Recep Kocyigit, 46, of Hampton Bays, was arrested on Jan. 1 at 1:57 a.m. for DWI, a misdemeanor. Police said they pulled Kocyigit over after observing him failing to maintain his lane on Montauk Highway.
• Jason J. Bergami, 37, of Center Moriches, was arrested Dec. 21 at 4:30 p.m. at police headquarters in Hampton Bays and charged with nine counts of fourth-degree grand larceny and seven counts of fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, both misdemeanors. Police said that since early November, Bergami, a construction worker for a local company, was using his employer’s credit card to buy items, then pawn them.
• Jose O. Villatoro, 21, of Riverhead, was arrested Dec. 25 at 4:55 a.m. at a house on Brookhaven Avenue in Flanders and charged with third-degree assault, a misdemeanor. Police said that at 2:23 a.m. Villatoro got in a fight with his girlfriend’s friend at her home, and repeatedly punched the victim in the face and head.
For arrests east of the canal, visit Southampton Patch.