Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate guilt.
• Patricia Smith, 62, of Riverside, was arrested on Dec. 22 on charges of DWI. According to reports, around 2:55 a.m. police saw her driving down Route 24 and failing to maintain her lane of travel, driving on the shoulder lane while driving southbound.
Police said when she was stopped her breath smelled of alcohol and she was lethargic, having red and glassy eyes. She reportedly failed a roadside sobriety test. She was also given a traffic violation for moving from her lane unsafely.
• Brandon Ferreira-Hanyo, 26, of East Quogue, was arrested on Dec. 22 on DWI charges. Reports state that Ferreira-Hanyo was stopped for several traffic violations while driving on Montauk Highway and that upon stopping him, police noticed he had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath. He was reportedly unsteady on his feet and had glassy eyes as well. Police said he performed poorly on roadside sobriety tests; he was arrested and transported to police headquarters.
• Shane Carter, 42, of East Quogue, was arrested on Dec. 22 on charges of DWI and unlawful possession of marijuana. Accoridng to reports, Carter was pulled over for failing to maintain his lane of travel while driving on Shinnecock Avenue around 1:50 a.m.
He was reported to have an odor of alcohol on his breath, bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and was unsteady on his feet. He reportedly performed poorly on roadside sobriety tests and was transported to headquarters.
• Alex Gall, 25, of Center Moriches, was arrested on charges of DWI on Dec. 22. Reports state that Gall was driving westbound on Montauk Highway around 1:40 a.m. when he was stopped for an equipment violation. He was reportedly found to have a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and performed poorly on roadside sobriety tests.
Obstructing governmental administration
• Elijah Stewart, 20, of Riverhead, was arrested on Dec. 23 on charges of obstructing governmental administration in the second degree and a 20-year-old Flanders man was arrested on unlawful possession of marijuana charges.
Police reportedly saw a suspicious car with an interior light on parked on Meadowbrook Lane in Flanders. Upon investigation, police said they saw the driver of the car, the 20-year-old, in possession of marijuana.
When police stopped, Stewart allegedly exited the front passenger seat. Reports state he was advised to return to the vehicle multiple times, though after refusing, Stewart fled into a nearby home. He reportedly came back out a short time later and was arrested. He was processed and released on an appearance ticket.
Unlawful possession of marijuana
• An 18-year-old East Quogue resident was arrested on Dec. 20 on unlawful possession of marijuana charges. According to reports, a call about a suspicious person occupying a vehicle on Boxtree Road was received around midnight. Police reportedly located the man sitting in his car, smelled a strong odor of marijuana emanating from the vehicle, and located a quantity of marijuana in the man’s pants pocket. He was arrested and given an appearance ticket.