Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Southampton Town police arrest reports for west of the Shinnecock Canal through Jan. 27.
Driving While Intoxicated
• Kristopher J. Cox, 29, of Hampton Bays, was arrested Feb. 2 at 1:02 a.m. on Flanders Road near the Old Riverhead Road intersection in Hampton Bays and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and speeding, a traffic infraction. Police said Cox was found to have a strong odor of alcohol on his breath after being pulled over for speeding, and he failed sobriety tests.
• Lilson Deus, 41, of Maspeth, Queens, was arrested Feb. 3 at 5:17 p.m. on Montauk Highway in East Quogue near the Halsey Avenue intersection and charged with DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the third degree, both misdemeanors, and a number of traffic infractions, including refusing to take a breath test. Police said she was pulled over for failing to maintain her lane when she was found to have alcohol on her breath and glassy, bloodshot eyes.
• Juan Martinez, 32, of Riverhead, was arrested Jan. 5 at 12:25 a.m. on Flanders Road in Riverside, near the Old Quogue Road intersection, and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and moving from lane unsafely, a traffic infraction. Police said Martinez was found to be intoxicated after he was pulled over for failing to maintain his lane.
Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance Near a School
• Maurice Henderson, 24, of Shirley, was arrested Feb. 1 at 1:45 p.m. at his home and charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance near school grounds, a felony. Police could not say which school was involved. However, according to police, Henderson made several sales and in a report noted that he conducted a drug sale on Feb. 21, 2012 around 7:52 p.m., near the intersection of Montauk Highway and Canoe Place Road in Hampton Bays. Police said the arrest resulted from a narcotics investigation conducted by the Suffolk County district attorney’s East End Drug Task Force.
Circumventing in Interlock Device
• Kenneth Blanco Rivero, 27, of Southampton, was arrested Feb. 1 at 1:22 p.m. on Maple Avenue in Flanders and charged with circumventing an interlock device and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the second degree, both misdemeanors, as well as unlawful passing, a traffic infraction. Police said Rivero was pulled over for improperly passing another vehicle and upon a check of his license, it was discovered that it had been revoked for driving while intoxicated in December 2010. Also, police said he was driving a vehicle without a court-ordered ignition interlock device, which is designed to prevent a vehicle from starting if the driver has alcohol on his breath.
• Lina Patino, 39, of Hampton Bays, was arrested Jan. 18 at 3:46 p.m. on Montauk Highway East in Hampton Bays and charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor. Police said that, according to store security personnell, at 2:48 p.m. Patino stole several items from King Kullen. According to the incident report, Patino took a bag of shrimp, a roast, chicken, sushi and other items.
For arrest reports from east of the Shinnecock Canal, visit Southampton Patch.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.