1) Yorktown resident Bill Kellner, a volunteer with the Audubon Society and Yorktown's Tree Conservation Advisory Commission, is speaking out on what Teatown is proposing about reducing the deer population. Read more about his view, here.
2) Yorktown's Foundation for Excellence's wine tasting fundraiser will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 7 p.m. at Peter Pratt's Inn in Yorktown. The cost is $50 per person. To pay by Pay Pal, visit www.ffeyorktown.org. To pay by check, please make the check payable to: The Foundation for Excellence in Yorktown Education And send to the following address: P.O.Box 1452, Yorktown Heights, New York 10598.
3) According to the National Weather Service, Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 15. The wind chill values will be as low as -14.
4) Warm up with a blog: Snowed in and have an itch to get your voice out into the community? Starting a blog on Patch is a great way to do so. Use your Patch blog to share opinions, post photos, get the word out about your organization or business.
We can't wait to hear from you.
5) Snow accumulating on tree limbs can lead to downed power lines, even if a storm lacks the strong winds that usually knock trees down. Click here for some safety tips.