Cleveland Heights officially became a city in 1921. Cleveland Heights Patch is by compiling 90 photos to create an album of the city's past and present. We'll run the feature for 90 days, one photo at a time.
Today's photo answers a question from Eric, a commenter who wanted to know the name of the dairy located on Warrensville Center Road. Hillside Dairy was located at 1418 Warrensville Center Road. The company "started business July 1, 1932 by experienced dairymen, dealing exclusively in dairy products directly from its farms to the consumer. Therefore all Hillside products are strictly fresh," according to information on the back of the card.
Hillside was known for the tours of its facility and the food at its lunch counter. The company was closed in 1999, not long after being sold by Dean Foods Company of Franklin Park, IL. - source: www.dairynetwork.com, www.deanfoods.com, Cleveland Heights Historical Society.