14 Sep 2014
53° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by longunderwearman
Patch Instagram photo by quadrofoglio
Patch Instagram photo by athomeinmygarden
Patch Instagram photo by daniellemastersonbooks
Patch Instagram photo by healthandbeautynz
Patch Instagram photo by andreagazeapt
Patch Instagram photo by reh_22
Patch Instagram photo by athomeinmygarden
Patch Instagram photo by pespatchpsp

UPDATE: Falls Fire Blotter: Set of Weekend Fires Causes $80,000 in Damage

The Cuyahoga Falls Fire Department responded to two fires on Sunday, June 24. Each were extinguished quickly with one case of smoke inhalation.

UPDATE: Falls Fire Blotter: Set of Weekend Fires Causes $80,000 in Damage

extinguished two fires early Sunday, June 24 that occurred just hours apart from each other.

Both fires were caused by unattended candles, reports the Falls News Press.

The first call came in at 12:30 a.m., when a passerby noticed smoke billowing from the second story of a Karam Properties office building, located at 205 W. Portage Tr.

According to Falls fire marshal Mike Dunton, a man had been working in one of the offices, but had stepped out shortly before the fire started. As crews arrived on scene, the employee returned and said he had left a candle burning on his desk.

The fire caused about $10,000 in damages and no injuries were reported.

The fire department was then called to 1515 Eighth St. at about 3:30 a.m., said Dunton.

"A fire had broken out in a second floor bedroom and caused some significant damage, estimated at $70,000," he said.

Multiple residents were home at the time, but were safely evacuated. One was hospitalized for non-life threatening-injuries.

Dunton said the electricity had been shut off at the home and one of the residents inadvertenly started a fire with a candle he was using to light a room.

There were no working smoke alarms in the house which has been deemed uninhabitable.

Share This Article