Valentine's Day is Monday, the time of year for flowers, candy, and romantic dinners. Whether you're looking for ambiance or a delicious meal to enjoy by candlelight at home, here are five local places for dinner with your Valentine.
- Totally Cooked Catering - 2730 Front St. Totally Cooked is a gourmet option for those who want to dine at home on Monday. The Valentine's menu includes entrees with names like "Lady and the Tramp Linguini," "Be Still My Artichoke Heart" and "Fiesta De Amor." Totally Cooked is also teaming up with to offer a chocolate covered strawberries and rose package. Pre-order by Friday Feb. 11, and pick up Saturday, Feb. 12 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Monday Feb. 14 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 330-923-9964 to place your order.
- Sarah's Vineyard - The winery, located across from Blossom Music Center at 1204 West Steels Corners Rd. and normally closed on Mondays, will be open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Valentine's Day. The entire menu will be half off. Bartender and hostess Heather said, "We love our customers so much everything is half off on Valentine's Day." 330-929-8057.
- Chrissie Hynde's VegiTerranean- Located at 21 Furnace Street in Akron in the Northside Lofts, this restaurant serves vegan Italian-Mediterranean food. There are 5o wines to choose from under $50. The kitchen will be open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Call 330-374-5550 to make your reservation.
- Fisher's Cafe & Pub - 1607 Main Street (State Route 303) Peninsula. From Feb. 12 to Feb. 14, Fisher's will feature a Valentine's Dinner Menu. Dinners are $20 and under, and will be served from 4-10 p.m. 330-657-2651.
- Moe's Restaurant- The food at 2385 Front Street is prepared from scratch. If you'd like to eat here on Valentine's Day, they recommend you make your reservation as soon as possible. Hours on Monday are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. 330-928-6600.