5 Westlake Laws: Fireplaces, Firearms and Fireworks
Those three words are probably a tipoff that you might now know one or more of the following Westlake laws.
We found these laws listed on the city of Westlake website, including when you can use outdoor tools, shoot fireworks and barbecuing on balconies.
1. Firearms, BB Guns and Air Soft Guns: Cannot be discharged within the city limits. Firearms cannot be carried into any city building by anyone except law enforcement officers. There are numerous other locations where firearms may not be carried, including churches, schools, and various types of businesses. See Section 2923 of the Ohio Revised Code for more information.
2. Fireplaces and Chimneys: Multi-family residential structures require annual, private inspection and maintenance. (Ord. 1501.16)
3. Fireworks: The possession, sale or discharge of fireworks is prohibited. (Ord. 1519.04)
4. Home/Yard Maintenance: Outdoor operation of domestic tools such as saws, drills and lawn equipment and garden tools (except snow removal equipment) is prohibited between the weekday hours of 9 p.m. to 8 a.m., and Sunday/holiday hours of 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
5. Barbecue Grills: Storage and use restricted in apartment/condominium complexes. Those that produce flames cannot be used on balconies of multi-family residential structures or within 15 feet of any structures. (See LP tanks for storage info)