Abington Township this morning declared a snow emergency, which will be effective through Wednesday, Jan. 21 at 10 a.m.
According to Thomas McAneney, Abington Emergency Management Administrator, parking on snow emergency routes is restricted and any vehicle left parked or abandoned on a snow emergency route may be towed and impounded.
In addition, McAneney said Abington residents are required to clear sidewalks of snow and ice within 24 hours after snow has stopped falling. Also, don't put the snow in the street, and don't block fire hydrants.
The snow emergency routes are:
- Old York Road
- Moreland Road
- Easton Road
- Huntingdon Pike
- Susquehanna Road
- Highland Avenue
- Old Welsh Road
- Fitzwatertown Road
- Fox Chase Road
- Jenkintown Road from North Hills Avenue to Highland Avenue
- Mount Carmel Avenue, from North Hills to Highland avenues
- Woodland Road from Easton to Fitzwatertown roads
- Edge Hill Road, from Moreland to Old Welsh roads
- Valley Road, from Moreland to Susquehanna roads
- Township Line Road, from York Road to Fillmore Street
- North Hills Avenue, from Fitzwatertown Road to Moreland Road