15 Sep 2014
61° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by daniellemastersonbooks
Patch Instagram photo by longunderwearman
Patch Instagram photo by quadrofoglio
Patch Instagram photo by athomeinmygarden
Patch Instagram photo by daniellemastersonbooks
Patch Instagram photo by healthandbeautynz
Patch Instagram photo by andreagazeapt
Patch Instagram photo by reh_22
Patch Instagram photo by athomeinmygarden

Abington Police Reports

Don't wrap stolen stuff in your clothes

Abington Police Reports


Robbery, burglary and carrying a firearm without a license … Sean Michael Egan, 27, of Garfield Avenue, Glenside, was arrested Sept. 8 after he made contact with the owner of a house in the 700 block of Hamel Avenue, forced himself into the house and ransacked a bedroom, stealing a Smith and Wesson 9mm handgun, police said. According to police, Egan said he took the gun as collateral for something that was owed to him by the victim. Egan had the gun’s magazine and bullets in his possession, when he was questioned by police, but he said he gave the gun to his brother to “hold.” Police found the gun in a shed in the rear yard of Egan’s house, wrapped in the same West Chester University T-shirt he was wearing when he forced himself into the Hamel Avenue house.

Retail theft … Nathaniel Smith, 51, of Pennock Street, Philadelphia, was arrested Sept. 6 at noon after police saw a suspicious man, later identified as Smith, loading large amounts of items into a dark plastic bag behind Acme in Jenkintown, police said. According to police, Smith then walked over to a bench near the corner of Old York Road and Washington Lane. When he was approached by police, Smith got nervous, stood up and said the bag was not his. The bag was filled with $1,045 worth of health and beauty supplies from Acme.

Terroristic threats and harassment … A warrant was issued Sept. 1 for Jammie Lee Walsh, 24, address unknown, after a resident in the 200 block of Tennis Avenue said Walsh had been harassing the complainant via phone, police said. According to police, Walsh called the complainant four times and each time the complainant said the complainant didn’t want to talk to Walsh. Walsh then said, “I’m going to blow your house up.”

DUI and careless driving … Gerald Earley, 33, of Raymond Avenue, Abington, was arrested Aug. 25 at 1:50 a.m. after Earley made an exceedingly wide left turn at the corner of Old Welsh and Easton roads nearly striking the median, police said. According to police, Earley swerved over the double yellow lines, smelled of alcohol, had red and glassy eyes and had a blood alcohol content of 0.191 percent. Earley failed two field sobriety tests.

DUI and careless driving … James M. Allen, 26, of Radcliffe Avenue, Abington, was arrested July 15 at 3 a.m. in the 1200 block of FItzwatertown Road after he continued straight through a left-turn only lane, police said. According to police, Allen smelled of alcohol, said he had five or six beers, failed two field sobriety tests and had a blood alcohol content of 0.123 percent.

DUI … Joseph Thomas Mumm, 37, of Woodland Road, Abington, was arrested June 10 at 2 p.m. in the 1200 block of Easton Road after a citizen flagged down police to report a highly intoxicated man at the Sunoco station, police said. Police made contact with Mumm in the gas station; he was only wearing his right flip-flop and his other foot was bleeding. Mumm said he could not start his car and went to Sunoco to buy a Red Bull. He failed three field sobriety tests and his blood alcohol content was 0.322 percent. His blood also tested positive for the presence of Oxycodone.

DUI … Joshua Newlin, 27, of St. Charles Place, Roslyn, was arrested May 27 at 12:13 a.m. following a call from a motorist saying that a driver, later identified as Newlin, had struck a traffic sign in Hatboro, police said. Police made contact with Newlin near the corner of Fitzwatertown Road and Lamott Avenue. He smelled of alcohol, had bloodshot eyes and slurred speech. When Newlin exited his vehicle, he nearly fell. It was not safe for Newlin to perform field sobriety tests and he refused a breath test, police said.


Share This Article