Updated 4:15 p.m. 11/26: The location of Monday's North Ardmore Civic Association meeting has moved to the Ardmore Presbyterian Church library, 5 W Montgomery Ave. in Ardmore.
1. North Ardmore Civic Association will meet at 7:30 on Monday night at Ardmore Presbyterian Church library (moved from the Merion Fire Company of Ardmore's second floor board room). According to an email from Hugh Gordon, the meeting will focus on the Dranoff plan for the Cricket Avenue lot, associated MUST amendments, and resident concerns. The church is located at 5 W Montgomery Ave. in Ardmore.
2. Lower Merion residents can learn about fair housing at a Free Fair Housing Workshop at 10 a.m. Wednesday at 5 S Bryn Mawr Ave. in Bryn Mawr. The Fair Housing Rights Center will present information about the federal Fair Housing Act and how certain provisions can be used to reduce premature moves, evictions, and homelessness. Residents can RSVP at 215-576-7711*12 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Lower Merion High School will host a
community blood drive on Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Bryant Gymnasium. Students and community members are invited to participate, and can email faculty sponsor Sandy Hoopes (email@example.com) for an appointment. The high school is located at 315 E Montgomery Ave., Ardmore.
4. Maroon Madness kicks off at 6 p.m. this Friday at Lower Merion High School. The event, benefiting Coaches vs. Cancer, will begin with a tailgate party at the LMHS gym with Principal Sean Hughes working the grill, followed by a candlelight walk at 7 p.m. to benefit Coaches vs. Cancer. Then, the basketball games will begin, featuring an introduction to the boys and girls teams, an intra-squad scrimmage, fan contests, music and raffles, with several surprise guests. Last year, the Lower Merion community raised nearly $40,000 to benefit cancer research. A $5 donation is suggested for admission. Find out more here.
5. St. Sahag & St. Mesrob Armenian Church will present its annual Christmas Bazaar this Friday and Saturday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The bazaar will include a gourmet Armenian buffet, pastry table, attic treasures and raffles. The church is located at 630 Clothier Rd. in Wynnewood.