22 Aug 2014
81° Mostly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by ermyceap
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by lilyava299
Patch Instagram photo by _mollfairhurst
Patch Instagram photo by thecontemporaryhannah
Patch Instagram photo by lucyketch

UPDATED: Harrison Cafeteria Worker Goes Home with Nail Infection

'We subsequently disinfected everything as a standard precaution with the students' health a priority.' - Superintendent Lawrence Korchnak

UPDATED: Harrison Cafeteria Worker Goes Home with Nail Infection

A cafeteria worker at in went home on Tuesday, Nov. 29, after it was discovered that that worker was suffering from a nail infection known as paronychia.

UPDATE:  Superintendent Dr. Lawrence C. Korchnak reported that the worker was "sent home," but William D. McKain, the district's assistant to the superintendent for finance and operations, has since clarified that "the worker went home voluntarily."

Paronychia causes swelling, redness and pain when bacteria enters the area between a finger or toe's skin and that finger or toe's nail.

Upon discovering the infection, "We (district officials) subsequently disinfected everything as a standard precaution with the students' health a priority," Korchnak said.

No other cases of infection related to the incident have been reported.

 ---

Follow the Baldwin-Whitehall Patch on  Facebook and  Twitter.

Share This Article