15 Sep 2014
59° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by thedude9737

Fire at Lehigh Off-Campus Housing Ruled Accidental

A candle in the room of one of the victims started the blaze, which forced 8 Lehigh students out of their homes.

Fire at Lehigh Off-Campus Housing Ruled Accidental

 

A fire that burned eight Lehigh University students out of their off-campus housing a week ago was started by a candle in the room of one of the students, The Express Times reported.

Deputy Fire Chief Robert Novatnack has determined that the fire at 447 Montclair Ave. was accidental, according to the newspaper.

Andrew Douglas, who was injured by the blaze, has been released from the burn unit at Lehigh Valley Hospital - Cedar Crest and is recovering at his parents’ home, Novatnack told the newspaper.

The fire burned through the first floor of the half-double and forced eight Lehigh University students to evacuate both sides of the twin.

Share This Article