The following was provided to Patch by PennDOT:
Overnight lane restrictions are planned this weekend (Sept. 5-7) on southbound and northbound Interstate 476 in Radnor and Haverford townships, Delaware County and Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County, for resurfacing operations, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation said Wednesday.
The work schedule is:
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Sept. 5-7) from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning on southbound I-476 between the Interstate 76 and U.S. Route 30 (Lancaster Avenue) interchanges; and
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Sept. 5-7) from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning on northbound I-476 between the Route 3 (West Chester Pike) and I-76 interchanges.
I-476 motorists are advised to use extra care when driving through the work zone and to allow additional time for travel because lane closures will result in slowdowns during overnight construction. The schedule is dependent on the weather.
The work is part of PennDOT’s $1,827,777 project to resurface deteriorated sections of I-476 in Delaware and Montgomery counties funding from Act 89, Pennsylvania’s new transportation plan. Allan A. Myers, LP of Worcester, Montgomery County is the general contractor on the project that is financed with 100 percent state funds.
PennDOT’s contractor will mill and pave I-476’s deteriorated pavement at the following locations:
- Northbound travel lanes between the Route 3 (West Chester Pike) and U.S. Route 30 (Lancaster Avenue) interchanges in Delaware County;
- Northbound right lane from the Delaware County line to the Montgomery Avenue overpass, just south of the Interstate 76 Interchange in Montgomery County;
- Northbound middle lane at the Montgomery Avenue overpass in Montgomery County;
- Southbound right lane from the County Line Road overpass to the Route 30 (Lancaster Avenue) Interchange in Delaware County;
- Southbound middle and right lanes from just south of the Marple Road overpass to theRoute 3 (West Chester Pike) Interchange in Delaware County;
- Southbound middle lane at Marple Road in Delaware County; and
- Southbound acceleration lane and right lane from the Interstate 76 East on-ramp to the Delaware County line.
Construction to improve these sections of I-476 is expected to be completed in late October.