Patch users across the Philadelphia area have shown increasing interest in how to recycle or safely dispose of any number of household items. So we've put together a series of resources for you and your neighbors, including locations in Hatboro-Horsham Patch and nearby. If we miss any item you want to know how to properly dispose of or recycle, please let us know in the comments.
For those looking to safely get rid of an old or unwanted cell phone in the Hatboro-Horsham area, there are a number of recycling options.
Bring It In
The following stores offer varying recycling programs for old cell phones and accessories.
AT&T accepts phones and accessories of any make or manufacturer at its stores. The company also provides postage for mail-back services.
- Verizon accepts phones and phone batteries at its stores. Click here for a list of local stores.
- Best Buy: Area Best Buys will accept cell phones. Check the following locations for recycling:
- Office Depot: Office Depot accepts cell phones that are not cracked or covered in liquid. Customers must purchase special recycling boxes from the store (between $5 and $15, depending on size) to dispose of items.
- Staples: Staples locations will accept desktops, laptops and monitors for recycling.
Check the Manufacturer
Many computer and electronic manufactures offer take-back and recycling programs to allow consumers to return their products safely.
The following phone manufactures offer mail-back programs for their products:
Let the County Handle It
- Montgomery County holds a number of electronic recycling events that accept cell phones. Check their info on hazardous household waste here.
Take Care of it Locally
Old cell phones can be dropped off at the , 1025 Horsham Road, during regular hours Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A drop-off box is also located in the cafe area at the , 435 Babylon Road.