20 Aug 2014
81° Partly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by ermyceap
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by lilyava299
Patch Instagram photo by _mollfairhurst
Patch Instagram photo by thecontemporaryhannah
Patch Instagram photo by lucyketch
Patch Instagram photo by laurabarreto87
Patch Instagram photo by lghtwght

Police: Wawa Argument and Insults Turn Into Assault

Two men were involved in an argument with two suspects in a Wawa. These two suspects later assaulted the men after leaving the store.

Police: Wawa Argument and Insults Turn Into Assault

The following arrest information was supplied by the Lower Southampton Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction. For full details from the police reports, click on the attached PDF file.

Lower Southampton Police are looking for two suspects allegedly involved in an argument with a man at Wawa, located on the 600 block of Rosewood Avenue in Trevose, who they then assaulted.

Officers were dispatched to the convenience store Oct. 26 at about 12:30 a.m. for the report of an assault. They made contact with the victim who told them he was at Wawa with another man when the two subjects began arguing with them. 

The victim left the store, the two subjects jumped him from behind, knocking him to the ground. He said he couldn't remember what happened immediately after that except that he was hit. He wasn't sure if he lost consciousness during the assault. 

The victim told police that he felt dizzy and they could see a swollen area on the back of his neck near the base of his skull. The Tri-Hampton Rescue Squad transported him to St. Mary Medical Center for treatment.

A Wawa employee told police that he saw the victim and his friend using the computer ordering system in the deli area, which is the same area the two suspects were in. He said both parties were arguing back and forth and heard the victim say "I don't do drugs."

The employee stated that the one suspect continued to make fun of the victim the entire time both parties were still in the store. At one point, the employee had to tell all of the men to leave because he was afraid the situation would escalate inside the store. The employee did not recognize the suspects.

Get police news delivered to your inbox with Patch's free newsletter.

Share This Article