The Great Valley School Board voted in October to approve Great Valley High School Student Democrats, among other new clubs.
At its Dec. 3 business meeting, the school directors will vote on whether to approve its counterpart, the Student Republicans.
Here are some of the interesting items from Monday's meeting agenda:
Requests to Establish Student Activity Clubs:
- Eco Adventure Club
- Great Valley Sportsmen's Club
- Student Republicans
- Ultimate Food Club
Approval of Personnel Changes, including:
- Appointment of Nicole Shaw, supervisor of food services to replace Barbara Nissel, effective Jan. 2, 2013 or upon release from current employment.
- Extra Duty Responsibility approval for David Waldman, assistant boys Lacrosse coach, Great Valley High School.
Adoption of Communications Policy.
- Policy #815.4, "Communications between employees, students and parents/guardians," is attached to this article as a PDF. An excerpt:
If an employee plans to communicate electronically with students through the use of text messages, the employee must obtain permission to do so from his/her building principal. If permission is received, the employee must not only provide students’ parents with written notification of the intent to use text messaging but must also obtain written parental permission to do so. All parents shall be copied on the text message
- The school board will appoint a temporary president and elect officers for 2013.
Cancellation of Dec. 17 School Board Meeting
View the full meeting agenda on Boarddocs.