The Great Valley Board of School Directors will convene for a business meeting at the district office Monday night, Oct. 22.
Below are some of the salient topics listed on the meeting agenda:
Requests to Establish Student Activity Clubs:
- Custom Car Club
- Great Valley High School Student Democrats
- Great Valley Math Olympiad
- Computer Science Club
- Political Discussion Club
- Shakespeare Club
Approval of Personnel Changes, including:
- Resignation of Barbara Nissel, Supervisor of Food Services, effective Jan.31, 2013.
- Extra Duty Responsibility Appointment for James Feeny to Head Volleyball Coach, Great Valley High School.
Guidelines for use of social media, which were first introduced earlier this year, will be voted on for adoption. Policy #816 ( PDF) spells out who will control the district Twitter and Facebook accounts, and what purpose the use of social media will serve. It also lays out best practices, such as:
5. Avoid jokes: Avoid posting any kind of message that could be misinterpreted as factual.
6. Do not make endorsements: Do not use the District’s name to promote or endorse any product, cause or political party or candidate.
District Goals discussion and vote of approval. The goals are consistently a topic of debate among board members, specifically the goal of having a certain percentage of students attend the top 376 colleges and universities as ranked by Princeton Review.
Announcement of upcoming board realignment meeting. A committee comprised of Ellen Behrle, Andrew Daga and Dave Barratt will host a public meeting Oct. 29 to discuss changing the boundaries of school board regions.