Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol"
- When: Thursday, Dec. 13 at 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 15 at 2 and 7 p.m.
- Where: Marple Newtown Senior High School 120 Media Line Rd, Newtown Square
- Why Go: Enjoy a performance of the classic tale of Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" in the Marple Newtown High School's new performing arts center.
- Cost: $10 for Adults and $8 for Students/Senior Citizens or at the door for $12
- When: Dec. 14 & Dec. 15 from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Christ United Methodist Church
- Why Go: Journey back to Marketplace 29 AD and experience the birth of Jesus Christ. Allow 45 minutes for your journey to the crowded Inn and Bethlehem Marketplace, the shepherds in the field and the manger.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 15 from 8:30 - 11 a.m.
- Why Go: Bring the family for a festive morning with Santa. Enjoy pancakes, sausage, juice, milk, coffee/tea, coloring, a bake sale and of course - bring your camera and get a picture with Santa!
- Cost: $5 adults, $3 kids ages 3-12
- When: Saturday, Dec. 15 from 5 - 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Come skate with Santa on Saturday evening. Pictures with Santa are free so don't forget to bring your camera or check out the event pictures the day after on the Marple Sports Arena Facebook page.
- Cost: Skate: $5, Roller Blades: $2, 5-story Indoor Playground: $10.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 15 from 9 a.m. - Noon
- Why Go: This is the first of several opportunities to register in person for the 2013 season. Please see the
website for additional information and forms.
- Cost: $120 for 1 Player, $240 for 2 Players, $325 for 3 Players, $375 for 4 players, $425 for 5 Players
- When: Sunday, Dec. 16 from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Where: Marple Public Library
- Why Go: Bring your cameras to get a photo with Santa and his merry helpers! Don't forget to bring your wish list!
- Cost: Free - Donations accepted
- When: Saturday, Dec. 15 from 1 - 3 p.m.
- Where: Newtown Public Library
- Why Go:Makin' Music will perform a high-energy, interactive concert, then Santa will visit at 2 p.m. Don't forget your camera! Refreshments will be provided.
- Cost: Free
Broomall Fire Company Escorts Santa
- When: Sunday, Dec. 16 around Noon
- Where: All streets north of West Chester Pike; all streets in the borders of West Chester Pike, Lawrence Rd., Sproul Rd., and Springfield Rd.
- Why Go: A highlight of living in Broomall is welcoming Santa in front of your house each year on the fire truck. Sunday is the first day of Santa's rounds in Broomall - so listen for his sirens and visit this article here to find out which night he is coming to your neighborhood. His elves will be handing out candy canes.
- Cost: Free