Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Tuesday, Oct 9 from 11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: Newtown Square Fire Company
- Why Go: Order now for Tuesday's pick- up and help the Fire Company with their annual Fall Fundraiser. Choose your meal of baby back ribs, pulled pork or pulled chicken. Meals include cold beverage, corn bread and a hot or cold side dish (Baked Beans, "Arkan-slaw") It's easy - order on-line!
- Cost: $8.50 - $16.50 depending on choice
- When: Saturday, Oct. 6 at 9:30 a.m.
- Where: Drexel Lodge Park, Newtown Square
- Why Go: The day starts with a flag raising ceremony, there will be a celebrity and distinguished guest, miniature train rides, tours through 1895 PRR Newtown Freight Station Cars and more.
- Cost: $5 advance, $6 day of. Children under 12 free.
Broomall Fire Company's Open House
- When: Tuesday, Oct 9 from 5 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Broomall Fire Company
- Why Go: Come and enjoy the festivities with the members of your home town fire company and ambulance volunteers. Educate yourself and your family about this year’s National Fire Protection Agency theme: Have Two Ways Out.
- Cost: Free
Broomall Rotary's Doggy Show
- When: Sunday, Oct. 7 at 1 p.m.
- Where: Veteran's Memorial Park, Broomall
- Why Go: Come out for some family and doggy fun! Enter your dog in the costest to win best costume, cutest puppy, waggiest tail, best kisser, best trick and best behaved lap dog over 50lbs. The Philadelphia Dog Training Club will conduct an obedience training demonstration to illustrate the basic and effective techniques of dog training. Afterwards, there will be a fun filled Interactive Rally Course that is open to all dogs. The SPCA will be there to show pets for adoption.
- Cost: $4 to enter contest
4th Annual Andrew's Friends Fund Beef & Beer
- When: Saturday, Oct. 6 from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Brownies 23 East
- Why Go: Celebrate Andrew's life and help give back to the community. Have a fun night out, enjoy food, drinks, door prizes, amazing auction items, live music and dancing - all for a great cause. Andrew's Friends Fund was established to provide opportunities for children and their families to enjoy special moments together through community improvement projects and charitable donations.
- Cost: $30